Ganesha Upadhyaya builds scalable tools for mobile, IOT/cloud, and distributed systems. At Huawei, he developed a language, codegen compiler, and runtime for IoT end-to-end applications, winning a company-wide award. He published over a dozen papers at top-tier conferences and journals, such as International Conference on Software Engineering, and Object-Oriented Programming Systems, Languages and Applications.
Ganesha holds a Master’s and PhD from Iowa State University and is a recipient of John Vincent Atanasoff award for outstanding research contribution. He enjoys playing professional cricket and cooking delicious vegetarian meals.
- Monthly Deliverables: 2021 Oct
- Finish trustless eth bridge implementation, testing, audit fixes to get it product ready
- Finish BTC bridge implementation, testing, audit fixes to get it product ready
- Prototyping 1anchor w/ boris & onelido w/ jacky [proposal]
- Quarterly Milestones: 2021 Q4
- Trustless eth & btc bridge launch
- 1anchor & onelido launch w/ boris,jacky
- Paternity time off
- Yearly Planning: 2022 Q1 - Q3
Past 6-Month Achievements
- Trustless eth & btc bridge; horizon enhancements & support
- NFT support contracts, deflationary tokens, external validators
- 10-20 tickets/day
- Ecosystem development & partner technical support
- Dev tooling, docs, bounties
- 1m hackathon initial prep & boiler plating apps
- Aave, curve, btp/ibriz, yearn, chainlink, sushi, lkura, anyswap, spacemisfits, ledger, webb, terra, ...
- Project planning & more
zk-lightclient for harmony
Zero-knowledge Harmony LightClient Proposal Why? Harmony's light client based on epoch blocks (described below) still requires downloading all the epoch blocks from genesis and verifying BLS aggregated signatures. Epoch block based lightclient Download the genesis block committee Download all...
Cryptography for stateless and privacy
WIP] Road to privacy on Harmony What is privacy? Privacy = confidentiality (hiding payment amounts) + anonymity (hiding the identities of senders and recipients) Why privacy? Anyone can track your financial activity on-chain; swapping, transacting, voting, lending, borrowing, and more May ca...
- Bitcoin bridge launch planning and remaining task assignments
- Review internal audit comments on trustless horizon and created key issues to resolve (blockers). Due to resource requirements for bitcoin bridge, horizon work will be stalled for next couple of weeks. More info here.
- Review crosschain NFT PRs
- https://bridge.harmony.one customer support during RPC outages (25-50 emails/day)
- Review BTC Bridge contracts, chainlink price feed integration, contract upgradability, governance update to bridge parameters
- Internal audit fixes for trustless ETH Bridge & eth chain reorg fix to ethereum light client
- Review HRC1155 support PR